This is a tough question, what would be the best life advice I can give my children? I’ve come up with ten ways to live a better life, but that’s an arbitrary number.
I think what my best life looks like and it’s full of self-confidence, smiles and laughter. Basically happiness in a nut shell. I really want to make a difference in this world, and I would love them to do the same.
Your best life advice:
1. You may have already heard this tip, but it’s also worth mentioning that you don’t need to be the best at everything in order to make the world a better place. Look for areas where you can add value and leave it at that.
2. Seemingly small things have an enormous impact on someone else’s life. A smile is worth more than gold, so give people a smile and you’ll be doing more good than most people in any situation.
3. Help people without expecting anything in return. Most of us are taught from a young age that we should be making others happy, and when we get older we realize it’s true. Without the expectation of anything coming back to us, it’s easier to be more selfless and act with compassion.
4. Don’t make assumptions about others, no matter how similar they seem to you. When you do this you are binding yourself in knots over someone else that may or may not even want your help.
5. Take time to really listen to what other people have to say. Even if you don’t agree with what they tell you, try listening and remembering it. Sometimes our own bias can blind us from listening more deeply.
6. Take time for yourself. You can’t be a good person or a good friend if you’re always stressed and exhausted, so make sure that you’re taking the time to relax.
7. Be willing to take a risk and challenge yourself on occasion. You might be surprised at the results you get when you step outside of your comfort zone.
8. Look for opportunities to give back and help others, no matter how small the act. We must remember that giving something away doesn’t mean your time or services are being wasted; it means that someone else’s life was better for having had yours in it.
9. Live a healthy lifestyle. Diet, exercise, and mental health are all important on every level, from physical to spiritual.
10. Move. Walk, ride your bike, take the stairs. Do SOMETHING to move; even just a little bit will help you maintain a better balance and feel more in touch with the world around you.
If you want to make the world a better place, these are the steps I would take (that’s what I’m doing at least).
What is your best life advice?
I guess we are all different, but what important words of wisdom would you want to pass on? Comment below.