Everybody knows that babies can be expensive. As soon as you’re pregnant, you are bombarded with ‘buy this for your baby, buy that’. There’s also a lot of mum shaming out there, unfortunately. This makes many mums feel like they have to keep up with the Jones. Everything must be from a premium brand, everything must be organic, everything must cost £££’s because if it doesn’t? It makes you the worst parent in the history of parenting. Does this sound familiar?
How unfair is it to be made to feel like this? Especially when for most of us, we are at our lowest point financially. But what if I was to tell you that you can buy premium brands at a discount price? You can buy organic without the hefty price tag and you can even buy cheap baby essentials that have beaten some of the premium brands time and time again in prestigious baby and toddler awards? Well, you can at ALDI!
ALDI has a super range of own brand baby and toddler items. They also sell premium brand products with huge discounts during their ‘special buys baby and toddler events‘. ALDI is a brand I love and has saved me a small fortune since I discovered it only a year ago (where on earth was I?!). And I am not the only one! Mum’s everywhere hail ALDI and its products as some of the best in the industry. And when there is an army of mums behind it shouting how good it is, you need to listen! So by swapping to ALDI products, you too can save a small fortune.
Here are my 11 ALDI must have swaps for any parent!
- Mamia Nappies – Starting at only £1.09 for a pack of 24 Size 1 newborn nappies. These nappies are dermatologically tested, hypoallergenic and tested against the leading brand. They boast leak protection for 12 hours and keep your little one dry all night. Soft and breathable they are so great they have won many awards including Silver the Mother & Baby Awards, 2016!
- Mamia First Infant Milk – only £6.99 a tub, that’s a huge saving in comparison to the leading brands. The government set very limited criteria for first milk and so all milk is almost identical, the variation usually occurs in the probiotics. Mama milk is made by Nutricia. Nutricia is the baby milk division of Danone, who also makes Aptamil. you can see there is not much difference between these milks at all.
- Mamia Sensitive baby wipes – at 55p per pack, these wipes are some of the cheapest on the market. Winning Silver in the 2016 Mother & Baby Awards. They are fragrance-free and hypoallergenic, with wipes containing aloe vera and chamomile to help keep your baby’s skin soft and smooth. They come in a handy little packet with a clip close lid ensuring they stay fresh at all times.
- Mamia Super Concentrated Liquid Baby Soft Non-Bio Wash* – Only £1.99 for 28 washes, this great value wash is strong on stains but soft on your babies skin. It has great reviews in comparison to the current leading brands too at this price its worth a shot! *Part of ALDI’s special buys, only available at certain times of the year.
- Mamia Baby Soft Fabric Conditioner* – 99p for 40 washes, Use after the Mamia baby soft liquid, ensuring fresh, soft clothes whilst protecting your baby sensitive, delicate skin. A steal at this price! *Part of ALDI’s special buys, only available at certain times of the year.
- Powerforce All-purpose Antibac Wipes – 85p for 80 wipes. Bleach and alcohol-free, these wipes kill 99.99% of bacteria and viruses with up to 24hr protection. These wipes give the leading brand a run for their money and are perfect for on the go cleaning too.
- Mamia Baby Bath – 79p for 500ml. PH Balanced with a tear-free formula, perfectly suited for newborns. The Mamia baby bath is a gentle, relaxing bubble bath enthused with Vitamin E leaving babies skin soft and moisturised. Voted silver in the 2016 Mumii Best Baby and Toddler Gear awards.
- Mamia Baby Shampoo – 79p for 500ml. A mild baby shampoo with a tear-free formula. Enthused with vitamin E, this shampoo is gentle on your babies skin but leaves it soft and moisturised.
- Mamia Organic Creamy Porridge – £1.29 for 200g. LBP Award Silver, 2016. Stage 1 from 4 months. 100% organic, smooth, creamy breakfast porridge. No added salt, no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
- Mamia Organic Food Pouches – from 55p. A selection of Fruit, breakfast and meal pouches. LBP Award winners 2017. Stage 1 and 2. 100% organic. no added salts, sugars, thickeners, or artificial preservatives.
- Mamia Organic Apple and Pear Fruit pots – 85p for a 4 pack. LBP Award Winner 2016. 100% organic, stage 1 fruit pots. Suitable from 4 months with no added sugar (contains only naturally occurring sugar).
The next ALDI baby and toddler event hits stores on Thursday 17th August 2017. As always when the Event is on, there are a few amazing value big buys. This time around, they include:
- Hauck Shopper Neo II Grey Pushchair – £59.99
- Hauck Dream and Play Travel Cot – £24.99
- Nuby Baby Bouncer – £29.99
- Motorola Baby Monitor – £16.99
- ……and many more!
So what are you waiting for head to ALDI and start making some savings, heck, go this coming week and take advantage of the baby and toddler event too!